Search This Blog

Saturday 26 September 2009

It's my perogative

So as Chris was preparing to leave the house for the second time today to do a photo shoot at the Wine & Beer Fest (there are 2 intervals; he's shooting the first and then he and I are going to attend the 2nd this evening), he made a remark about whether or not I'd be ready to go later. Inadvertently I know he was making a snide comment about the fact that I had only rolled from bed to couch in the horizontal position. I got a little defensive. And really, perhaps he's just jealous that I take the time to relax and do nothing and he wants to do the same? I happen to enjoy this quiet time with my blanket, the warm kitties by my side, and the TV or the internet to entertain me. I'm a simple gal with simple pleasures. What some may call lazy is my answer to unwind from an overly stimulating environment filled with high demands and tasks that all have to be done at a certain time and you don't feel that you've had enough time to spend on any of them.

A final comment, as he closed the door, "What an autobiography you'd have".

My fitting retort, "You don't have to read it!" And, with that, I happily grabbed a thicker, warmer blanket, resumed my horizontal position on the couch with laptop, and the two kitties are warmly nestled at my side. I couldn't be more content.

I signed up for a "Mutts" comic of the day, and each day they greet me in my inbox. The comic I have posted just happens to be the one that I received for today. Eerie how much it parallels my day, isn't it?

No comments: