Search This Blog

Wednesday 9 September 2009

On compromises and blood loss...

So last night upon saying hello to Christopher as I made it home from work I kind of suggested perhaps we should go out for supper. He figured we should stay in and make something instead. (Yeah, yeah, yeah; he was right). He happened to mention that he was going to start to clean potatoes until he saw that the sink was full of dirty dishes...and gave me that 'look'. We'd been at his parents' house for supper the night prior, and frankly, I didn't feel like cleaning the kitchen when we returned home. Immediately my back feathers went up and I took a stand for all womankind when I retorted, "I'm not your cleaner".

Chris, equally as defensive, came back with a, "I'm not your cook".

Touche.

You see, Christopher and I have a compromise relationship. He cooks, and I clean. It works nicely since I'm not a fantastic cook, and he doesn't seem to, well..., clean up after himself overly well. On the occasion I will cook, but for the most part, this compromise seems to work well for us, and Christopher is getting to be quite the little cuisinart.

So, I trod into the kitchen to empty the dishwasher in preparation for cleaning up the sink and countertops to make way for a start on supper. As I was emptying the utensils into their appropriate slots I just happened to put my hand down on a rather serated knife. I didn't quite realize the severity of it all until I glanced down after noticing that my fingers kinda hurt...and saw the dripping blood. I called out to Chris that I'd cut myself; that I'd cut myself really bad. That there was a lot of blood (neither of us are good with the sight of blood. At all).

Chris mentally prepared himself for the worst (later telling me he half expected to be on a search for a missing fingertip). He walked into the kitchen with coaching words, "It's going to be ok; it's going to be ok" --to himself, not to me, the injured party.

Turns out the tip of my finger is ok - it was really just a slice down on two of my fingerpads - one worse than the other. The way Chris came to action to help was very touching, indeed. I'm glad he was there to unwrap the bandaids when I was lightheaded. Thanks hunny! xox

I'm getting used to feeling my pulse in my fingertip.

And I got treated to a delicious Pizza Delight supper.

1 comment:

Lana said...

Anything to get your own way, huh? I'll have to try that the next time I want Bruce to take me out to dinner!!
Seriously, though, I hope you weren't cut too badly!
*kisses* for you boo boo!