Search This Blog

Saturday 19 September 2009

I get by with a little help from my friends....

Thursday night, Chris & I joined Cody & Jool for supper at the Old Triangle. It was our first time going there. It had been Cody & Jool's second time -- their first being the night before, and they liked the food so much they were more than enthusiastic about the idea of going back again (Cody even ordered the same entree). The service was great, and the food was delicious. I ordered something with "football" in the name - I believe it was just an amped club sammich - minus the tomato, with Greek salad. Chris had a steak wrap, like Cody, and Jool enjoyed the fish 'n chips. As an appetizer we ordered the warm crab/cream cheese dip to share.

Oh, and there was beer.

And wine.

Chris with his token 'red beer'. One of several. Cody was our DD but did order a Stella, which eventually Chris and I helped him finish:
The girls and a glass of white wine. I look drunk in the picture. Well, I suppose I probably was!:
I had intended on snapping so many more pictures, including a good one of Cody & Jool for the blog, but alas, I did not. Damn wine! We made fun of Cody's 'pose'...he always has his eyebrows up in pics. Chris always has to have one of his many goofy faces:
The Stella. Chris isn't really a fan, but, he took one for the team anyway: A self-pic, courtesy of Jool:
After supper we made a quick stop at the LCC and then returned to our place. There was more wine. There was half songs sung by guitar (Chris doesn't yet know a full song on the guitar! heh). There was Wii. There was Survivor. There were many laughs, and a huge longing to have our dear friends back on the Island with us. *sigh* Unfortunately, today marks their departure date, and it's back to Calgary they go. We love and miss you guys terribly...and a trip out West is definitely on our radar. Travel safely...xo.

1 comment:

Lana said...

you are the first person I've heard say they received good service at the Old Triangle. Glad you had a good time with Cody and Jool. Oh PS - can't go to the Matt Anderson concert - it's opening night of Rocky Horror. anyway, Kent and Joy will enjoy the tix.