Search This Blog

Monday 21 September 2009

it's here already...

Holy crud is it really Monday again, already? I guess when working on Saturday the weekend really does fly by. I really can't denote much excitement that was my weekend past. I can admit, however, that I was able to take advantage of many hours of relaxation, including pretty much the entire day/night of Friday, my scheduled day off; Saturday night after working; and, all day/evening on Sunday. Sometimes you just have to do that, right? Saturday night felt the most 'right' due to the fact that it was pouring rain and windy...the perfect spot was snuggling under a cozy blanket with my jammies on, a big glass of wine, a warm cat in my lap, and chick flicks on the tele (err...can I go back there now, please?). Aside from leaving to go to work I left the house but once, and that was yesterday to pick up some groceries and a movie (Valkyre - not my favourite, if you want the truth. It did, however, give us an example of how well our surround system works though...I totally thought we were being bombed a few different times). I wish I could say that I'm feeling rested and rejuvenated after all my 'downtime' the past 3 days. Anyway.

This weekend also marks a bit of sadness as well. Dale Hunter, Belinda's stepdad, lost his battle with cancer. He'd gone through a long, tough road, and finally can rest, but he's left a large void in his family. I know the pain and sadness that they are all feeling, and my heart goes out to them, and I wish we lived closer so that I could give them all a big hug right now.

I'd only met Dale once - when we were in Ontario for Fred & Belinda's wedding. He was a very kind and generous man. I had a tough time watching him and not welling up at the wedding -- as he reminded me of my own father, and I mourned a time that I'd never get myself...that being the father walking the daughter down the aisle to 'give her away', and the father/daughter dance.

Life is so very precious. You really don't know how quickly it can change so be sure to tell those close to you how much they mean to you - every day.

Rest in peace, Dale.

No comments: