Search This Blog

Saturday 22 March 2008

Spring Hasn't Sprung

Spring is upon us - well, on the calendar anyway - with the first day of spring being two days ago, and me hearing the familiar sounds of the snow plow going by at 6am this morning. The joys of living in Eastern Canada. It's been a rather quiet few days. I was off Thursday, and yesterday for Good Friday. I work til 5pm today, and off tomorrow. My days off were pretty low key ....chillaxing more than anything. On account of a forecast of freezing rain I had to postpone my day with Mummy, and therefore stuck home Thursday since Chris took my car to work. The sad thing is if I did have a car home, I likely would have done the exact same thing and thought nothing of it, but because I couldn't go anywhere I felt trapped. As I type, Chris is likely still toiling away trying to fix the problem with the Suburu...

In my time off I was able to watch my recorded episode of the new Bachelor season...this time the show going to England to find the most eligible soul...and I must admit, I was smitten. He's hot, tall dark 'n handsome, and I'm a sucker for an accent. Yum. The premise of the show is horrible, but I can't help it, it sucks me in every time. One of my guilty pleasures. I adore the Brits' use of the words 'brilliant' so regularly, as well as 'sublime'. Two words, I feel, that are not said enough in my daily life. Perhaps I'll have to try to incorporate them into my daily speech.

Another big thing to report - I quit. Yes, I finally got up enough nerve to quit the BR. I felt a wave of relief wash over me. I just wasn't getting anything out of it. My presence there was almost laughable...hired as the new "scrapbook instructor" in September...without a class being taught. A little too ironic? Yeah, I really DO think. Now I hope to get back into the habit of scrapping for me again. You might ask if finally doing the dirty deed pushed me to clean up my scrapbook room....um...er...unfortunately not.

No comments: