Search This Blog

Monday 24 March 2008

Easter Weekend

Those of you who know me, know that Easter isn't my favorite holiday anymore...on account of it being Dad's last holiday with us, and him passing away so close to Easter. Yesterday morning, I awoke to an egg hunt that "Easter Bunny Chris" prepared for me...which brought back the 'fun Easter' memories and helped me enjoy the day all the more. The "Bunny" also left me a personal egg frying pan, a bag of mini eggs, and a little white stuffed bunny that 'bawked'! (like the white bunny on the Cadbury commercials). Adorable!

Easter was so much fun for me as a child...the 'Bunny' would hide so many eggs in the most inconspicuous places...it was nothing to find a stray egg months later...and that was with both me and Todd hunting them down. I told Chris how much fun I had as a child, and this is the 2nd year he's recreated this nostalgia for me. The first time was a few years ago, so this year I hadn't been expecting it, and that made it all the more special. Thanks hunny...you don't know how much that meant to me....

So yesterday we visited Mummy for a few hours in the afternoon, and then headed on over to Chris' parents place for Easter supper. I can never refuse homemade turkey dinner! Mummy, of course, spoiled us again this year with an array of Lindt chocolate. She also got me the cutest little white bunny (every year there's a little bunny included with my treats. She only duplicated once, and even though it was the same bunny, it was still a different color), and a purse-sized hand lotion. After supper we came back home, resting our full bellies, and watched BB and Family Guy's 100th episode (can't wait til Tuesday's episode and the special return of Evel Dick!!!!! Lana thinks he may be coming back to compete...I wish she was right, but I think he'll just be there to wake up the house in his ED fashion with the pots and pans, and then will likely host the Veto competition. Tune in Tuesday night folks!!).

No comments: