Search This Blog

Tuesday 18 March 2008

Happy National Awkward Moment Day!

I am wearing the wrong underwear today. The bra I'm wearing is making me feel like my boobs are going to pop out - the straps keep falling and it's too tight. Add to this - my skin is itchy...that winter itchy...and the more I scratch the more itchy I get. TMI? I'm painting a rather unsavory picture, aren't I? Sorry. Just one of those 'uncomfortable in my own skin' kinda days, and as it's "National Awkward Moment Day", I felt it sorta fit right in. In honor of this day, I figured I may as well embarrass myself and write about a few of the more 'awkward' moments of my past:
  • At a young age I discovered the reason why girls don't stand up to pee - the evidence blatant as it ran down my leg.
  • The very first time I lost a tooth I thought I was dying. I had been playing with friends in an old car...not sure how it all came to pass, but I do recall discovering that there was blood in my mouth and I freaked out and cried like my world was ending - so much so that I was inconsolable, and my friends had to walk me home. Did those friends continue to hang out with me? I don't remember.
  • My group of high school friends used to camp every July 1 weekend. We would camp for one night and many many brown pops were consumed. When you drink many brown pops you tend to need to pee pretty regularly. Not known for any geographic prowess, my friends were smart in coming to find me after I hadn't gotten back to camp in a timely fashion. I was known as the 'girl who got lost going to the bathroom'.
  • At my very first 'adult-free-under-age-drinking party' (Lori's parents had gone away for the weekend), I managed to spit all over Darlene's face after taking a long swig at what I thought was my beer and having my tongue encounter a cigarette butt.
  • As I walked up to accept my grade 12 diploma on Graduation Day, I adeptly walked out of my high-heeled shoe as I approached the podium.
  • My first, and last, encounter with a body shaper. More accurately, removing said body shaper. I quickly learned that it is a very bad idea to try to remove this type of clothing article by attempting to pull it over one's head. A very very bad idea.
  • I was told off by a bum on the street the night of the Fireball Debaucle in front of Myrons (that was after puking all over the tire of my friend's car--sorry Al!)
So, what are some of your slightly embarrassing, awkward moments you'd like to share?

P.S. Happy Birthday Jeannette!!

No comments: