Search This Blog

Wednesday 19 March 2008

Blackbird singing in the dead of night...

I must admit that I felt a little glee today as I turned off the alarm, not needing a wake-up call tomorrow because I have the next two days OFF. Yay me. Sucks that I have to work Saturday when everyone else in the world is off on a 'long weekend'. At least tomorrow I can smile slyly thinking of them having to get up though, as I flop over to the other side and snuggle back in for more slumber...er, that is, if I don't need my car tomorrow. Chris' car is 'broken'...springing a nasty leak in the line that feeds the anti-freeze. When questioned, he said this malady would be akin to him driving around with virtually no radiator. No rad = bad....so at home, Scoobie sits. And tomorrow I had planned a Mummy & me day too...so I will no doubt need to rise early to drive Chris to work in order to keep that arrangement. The weather may put a kybosh to that too...freezing rain/snow expected...we'll see what tomorrow brings (though I will be bummed if I can't get out with Mummy).

So a rather lackluster Idol last night, hmm? Down now to 11 contendors, here is my humble opinion about what I witnessed:
  • Amanda - It's. Time. America. To. Send. This. Girl. HOME!

  • Kristy - Ok, so she may just be Amanda's ticket to staying one more week, because she too, has come to an impasse... While I'm still wincing at her turning one of my favourite Journey songs country, last night's performance didn't buy her any more time in my book. Last night was just terrible.

  • DavidA - the kid is back - while his performance was no "Imagine", he was much more 'on' than last week. I'm starting to tire of his cutesy-blushing bashfulness though.

  • Michael -I was very disappointed in Michael's performance...the arrangement of the song was all over the place and there was one note that made me think, wtf?? ...and though it was nice to tribute it to a dear friend, singing it for him rather than the 'competition'...I think he really needs to hike his socks up or he may be in deep doo doo.

  • Brooke - she's a cutie patootie and has been very strong all along, so she has no worries. Last night paled in comparison to the last few weeks though - and, she really shouldn't dance ....

  • DavidC - I love this guy. Our relationship was a wee bit rocky at the beginning...as I didn't care for his cocky attitude...but lately...my love has grown leaps and bounds. I'm a sucker for a rocker (hellllo, Chris Daughtry!!) anyway, but his last 3 weeks have been a-w-e-s-o-m-e.

  • Carly - I disagreed with Simon whole-heartedly on her performance (for the most part me 'n Si are pretty sync'd). I thought she did a great job, and I feel she's very much a contendor for the win.

  • Jason - Ok...at first I thought he was kinda cute, but I'm thinking his time is also nearing an end. I don't think he'll be going tomorrow...and maybe, if he can pull out a few more good performances (ie, lay off the weed pre-performance) he may stick around a little more. I'm over stoned-Jason, though.

  • Syesha - well, if I closed my eyes and listened to her performance last night I'd be enraptured. Trouble is, I.can't.stand.her. so that tarnishes last night for me. She's too conceited for her own good.

  • Chikezie - he's an odd little fellow, now isn't he? From the start, I really hadn't taken much of a shine to him at all, but I did really enjoy last week, and this week, aside from the wtf harmonica, found him very entertaining again. He'll be around for a few more weeks. His smile is adorable.

  • Ramiele - while I do very much enjoy her - and I think she's cute as a button at her 'four apples tall' height - she's boooooooooring me...time to step it up....Entertain me, Ramy...you've got it in you...now DO-IT, for the love of the baby Jesus.
Bottom 3 picks: Amanda, Kristy & Jason (I refuse to write Michael's name here)
Going home: KRISTY.

BB was good :) Chris and I disagree on our thoughts about James. I won't miss Matty - at all. :)

No comments: