Search This Blog

Wednesday 6 October 2010

What's goin' on??

I have a long list of bookmarked blogs that I try to get to read on a regular basis. I'll be the first to admit that I am a bit behind in some of my reading, but there are a few that I make myself read in a timely manner. I know how it feels to go to these pages every day and not see a recent update. It's at these times that I may feel a bit of disappointment that I don't have something new to read over coffee and my All-bran bar during my morning break. This feeling, I dare say, must be how you all feel when you search out My Happy Place* looking for a new witty post only to see the same old post that you've already read a week ago. I'm truly sorry to all my devoteds. These past few months seem to have passed in time warp speed. When the heck did it get to be October, anyway???!?? Couple that with the most recent seasons of Big Brother and the Bachelorette being over, I'm lucky Blogger hasn't shut me down completely.

Ok, now I've reduced myself to point-form to try to get as much written in my short breaktime. So in the most recent past this has happened....
  • In addition to my previously mentioned birthday girlies, there's another lovely to add to my list, and that is the lovely Nicole, who also celebrated a birthday last week. Chris & I were invited over to their place for some pizza and cake. It was delightful to open the front door to see a ceiling full of balloons with flowing ribbons and streamers. So pretty :). The unicorn-pooping-rainbows-themed cake was the icing on the sundae ;). Happy Birthday Nicole!!!! xoxo
  • Saturday was my bestie Tanya's birthday -- she gets her own post dedicated to just her because she's so special. That may have to wait for another breaktime though. We're also going out to supper tonight to celebrate her, so I will also try to include a picture :).
  • Saturday was also a very special day for other great friends of mine, namely Rosanne and Craig who got married! The wedding was super-fabulous with a touching service at Stanhope Resort, followed by reception/delicious homemade goodies/(including Rosanne's momma's homemade wine - oh my!)/chance to see their brand-new beautiful home, and then onward to Fishbones for an all-out dance party. It was an amazing time for two amazing people -- and I wish them nothing but happiness from now on to eternity. Congratulations guys!! Love you both!! xoxox.
  • I'm still keeping up with my weekly momma & me nights, though, it had been 2 weeks since our last night out on account of the last few weeks being as busy as they were. We hit the city last evening and she got a lot of her Christmas shopping accomplished, and we ended off with a delicious BP supper. Love you, momma!!! xoxo
  • I'm still kind of out of the scrapbooking loop on account of my wrist issues. Though, with several new babies & birthdays in my circle I'm still able to use some of my product with a few gifts and cards. I do still want to give out homemade Christmas cards this year, so I will have to try to get a start on them pronto so that I can pick away at them a few at a time. (Supposing to do that I really should clean up that freaking craft room, eh? Aaaannnyway....). Speaking of scrapping, and as it's now official news, I want to formally congratulate my scrapping mentor, Angela, on her newest endeavor. Coming soon to Charlottetown, The Scrapbook Studio! It's set to open mid-November, so do check it out! Tell Ang I sent ya! This has really been a long-time dream of Angela's, and I do wish her every success. Congratulations, Ang!! All the best!

I'm due for a few days off work in the coming weeks - I'll be sure to post a bunch more, including pictures of the goings-on!! :)

*And I'm so sure that there are dozens and dozens of faithful readers and lurkers. Riiiiiiight. Thanks to the handful of you that really do tune in on your own regular basis....xoxox.

3 comments:

Shar said...

I consider myself to be a faithful lurker! Glad to see the updates! Would love to see some of your homemade cards sometime!

Anonymous said...

seems like you are a big fan of watching tv - me too - we have loads in common

Anonymous said...

there is a picture of you drinking coffee - I wish I was the cup of coffee ;)