Search This Blog

Sunday 24 October 2010

absence makes the heart grow fonder?

Chris and I have been together for a long time. Due to a roommate situation, we were actually pushed into cohabitation a little sooner than most new couples would decide on. We made do, and we've lasted through so I guess it wasn't such a bad thing :). He's very busy - working a full-time day job, and in the hours in-between that, busying himself pursuing his photography career. A lot of his time is spent holed away in his office, editing. I'm okay with him doing his own thing, because I like to do my own thing, too. The constant, though we may not spend a whole lot of time doing things together, however, is the fact that he's here.

On Thursday evening Chris left for Ottawa. His day job workplace is opening up a new store in Ottawa, and he is needed up there to help set up shop. I would have loved to have been able to coordinate some vacation days to join him, but that wasn't do-able, and really, he's likely going to be stuck working long hours so it wouldn't have been any sort of vacation for us. We do plan to go back on our own someday soon (maybe next year's vacation?). So as it stands, we're now apart for just over a week, and though he'd traveled for work before, this time I was left with an empty, sad feeling upon his leaving.

I blame my reaction on being utterly hormonal, but I was close to tears all day in anticipation of his departure, and though I'd planned to stay strong until he closed the door, I ended up in tears about 45 minutes before he left. When he did close the door, I ended up in a puddle of emotion on the couch, filling the rest of the evening watching Dr. Hook songs on Youtube and reading old email correspondence from when we first started dating. That night, I put his sweater overtop his pillow, and hugged it til I fell asleep.

I guess I miss him. And, I guess I kinda love him.

Or it may be the hormones.

4 comments:

Rhonda Bowlan said...

Awwwwww, Amber! That is so sweet! Hugs to you! xoxo

Fizzgig said...

i sure miss that feeling! I use to get so sad every time I'd leave exassholemanfriends house. i love looooooove!

Lana said...

Just think what fun you'll have re-connecting when he gets home! :)

L.A. said...

Amber, you are in love BIG time. He is cute, kind, funny and a keeper.