Search This Blog

Tuesday 12 October 2010

Monday dressed up like a Tuesday

You all know that I LOVE days off; you all likely also know that I take full advantage of days off, and have been known to hone my loafing skills with each and every opportunity. This weekend was no different. I did have to work on Saturday so unlike the rest of the country, I did not have myself a 3 day weekend. I had Friday off as my scheduled day off for working the Saturday, and as I felt slightly like poo, the majority of that day was spent sleeping (I, did, however go to the garage and have my oil changed in my car and had them look at my tire. Turns out the tire is a write-off - repairable only to serve as a spare. Fortunately my little plastic car was equipped with a full-sized spare). Saturday night I fell asleep on the couch after supper; upon waking, I drug my dreary arse to bed for the night. Pure excitement.

Sunday, we celebrated Thanksgiving at Chris' parents home -- turkey with alllll the fixins, and Rose was kind enough to invite my momma along, too. The only bad part about not cooking your own holiday turkey is the fact that you have no leftovers.

And that brings us to yesterday - Chris & I took a drive out to Kensington, in hopes that the Frosty Treat would be open to have an anniversary milkshake. Sadly, it was closed for the season, so we moved on to Summerside and stopped into the Cold Stone Creamery for an ice cream treat instead. It had been our first time there, and let me just say that I think it's a wonderful thing that we don't have one of those devilish delights in Charlottetown yet (especially after my experience on the scale at the W homestead on Sunday --but that's an entirely different blog post altogether...). On our travels, we ran into Marco & Krissy and Krissy's brand new Suburu Impreza (wow what a car), so we chatted with them for a bit. After heading back into town, we hit Jumbo Video to grab a movie (Orphan (Halloween season is upon us!)), and a pizza, and headed back home to relax. We even shared the same couch! (It was a special occasion ;)).

And now it's back to work again... SO freaking busy at work. While my calendar told me it was Tuesday today, it sure as heck felt like a Monday to me.

Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend, filled with togetherness and love :).

No comments: