Search This Blog

Wednesday 29 September 2010

Birthday girlies!

As ya'll know, this past weekend was a pretty busy one. Chris, myself and his brother Shawn headed to NS *very* early on Saturday morning (the goal was to be on the road by 6am), as Grammie McNutt's funeral was at 10am. It was a nice service, and one I think she'd really appreciate. Though again meeting up for a sad affair, it was still nice to see everyone, and we had a nice visit with family, including Chris' Nannie W, his Aunt Denise (whom we stayed with on Saturday night. Thanks for the over-generous hospitality and the to-die-for foods, Auntie!!), and his Uncle Roy/Aunt Trish. It was late in the evening on Sunday before we landed back on the Island. A special thank you to all who sent along their condolences, thoughts and prayers. And to LA - thanks so much for the beautiful card. We're both so lucky to have so many wonderful friends xoxo.

So, in my blogging absence, I've missed posting well wishes to some birthday girls. I shall now celebrate them with a few belated wishes, since they're so awesome :).

The lovely RhondaB lit another candle this year. Rhonda is a special, special person with a heart of gold. She's tons of fun, loves having a good time, and is an amazing wife and mother. She's one of my biggest fans and I thank her for continued words of encouragement and enthusiasm. Thank you Rhonda for your friendship. You're a real keeper! I look forward to many, many shared times, whether we're celebrating another year on the calendar, summer kick offs, or concerts of a lifetime. Love ya, girlie!! xoxo.

Next we have Miss Trudy! Trudy is someone I truly adore. She's my cousin, and most importantly, my friend. She's witty, sarcastic, thoughtful, and real. I've often been after her to start up a blog of her own, and lo and behold, this year, she went and did just that. She's a crafty little thing - sewing things from scratch, and re-purposing things others have long given up on. Go on and say hello - tell her I sent ya :). Wishing you mucho happy, lady. Thanks for all the laughs. I'm raising a tumbler of Crown 'n ginger up high in the air to celebrate the cornucopia of awesomeness that is YOU! xoxo.

And finally we have the lovely Miss Dina. Dina & I work together. She's a little camera shy. Actually, she vehemently avoids any and all cameras, so this picture is a typical picture of her. Dina is a very thoughtful, very generous person. She loves a practical joke, and many a time she's pulled some very serious wool over the eyes of her co-workers, and in the end, we all laugh along with her. She tirelessly prepares cakes for our birthdays (making the most amazing carrot cake & 7 layer squares, btw), and makes us all feel so special on our special days. I hope you're feeling extra super special on YOUR special day, Dina-beana!!!! Thanks for everything you do!! xoxo.

Happy, Happy Birthday, girlies!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Beth said...
This comment has been removed by the author.