Search This Blog

Thursday 22 May 2008

Ode to the Muumuu

Isn't it kind of creepy how added pudge can 'all of a sudden' be there? Like the closet has some evil plot and 'shrinks' our summer wear during the winter months to torture us as we painstakingly try outfit after outfit - the 'reject' pile growing and growing as we try stuff on and subsequently biff it? Maybe the pudge redistributes itself...I mean, I know I have a bodacious badonkadonk...but when did my arms get so puffy? The shirt I decided on was one that I loved last year. This year...aside from the arms, it's still ok. Why are these little 'capped' sleeves in fashion? Every year I tell myself that I will lose the weight so that 'next summer' I'll be able to wear cute little tops and not feel completely self conscious. Every year I loathe my reflection as I fitfully try on outfit after outfit, rejecting each one because it looks all wrong.

Seriously, people...why not bring the "muumuu" in style? Think of how free the population would feel? Not only would it help us, er...more voluptuous types feel more comfortable because it wouldn't cling to our 'areas'...but it would be so damn comfortable! It would be like every day is pyjama day! No binding bands, straps, zippers, buckles...just free-flowing soft fabric. :)

No comments: