Search This Blog

Tuesday 27 May 2008

Geekin'

I had a productive evening last night - doing 4 loads of laundry and actually putting about 5 loads away. You can now, for the moment, see the bedroom floor! I also made supper (which, to most, would seem uneventful - but it truly is an event when I do any cooking). In addition to my Holly Homemaker-ness, I also finalized the purchase of my new lappie!!!

A spring green Inspiron 1525Intel® Core™ 2 Duo T5550 is on its way to me! I'm not crazy about going to Vista, but it was in my budget, and let's face it...how much of a computer do I really need to blog, email, Facebook and share a few photos? Chris insisted that I upgrade to the high resolution screen, so that was the one add-on that I splurged on. The nicest thing was the price - I did get a break on the cost from Dell, with $100 off as well as free shipping, but an incentive program at work aided me in accumulating a nice balance on a credit card which I was able to use (and which needed to be used up very soon or I'd lose all the points. I can't tell you how much I wanted to blow it all on clothes and/or scrapbooking supplies, but I digress). So, out of pocket, it was very minimal. I look forward to embracing the inner-geek in me with this new purchase. I can see myself sipping a large coffee at Timothys, splitting up my time between blogging and watching passers-by, inbetween sips. Think of all the blogging I'll get done now, folks! See, I did this for YOU! It's all about you, baby :)

No comments: