Search This Blog

Wednesday 25 May 2011

Oprah's finally over, as well as Country Idol

Ok, despite my boycott, I do have the finale turned on this evening in the background.  Mostly because there's nothing else on, and secondly, because Chris is not home yet and if I hop in bed and fall asleep he'll surely wake me.  Thirdly, I've started to cough.  A dry, croupy cough. Rather incessantly, since, oh...7:30pm or 8:00?  I can't figure out if it's the 'cold' that was coming on/affecting me end of last week/weekend (which, btw, I thought was practically gone by today), or, if it's just from the smoke (weekly Mummy night/visit at Mom's tonight -despite her refraining from lighting one til after I left).  It's exhausting and my chest hurts.  Blah!

So yeah, enough of my complaining.  A few points, for old times sake:
- so it's now a showdown between the 'best' country performer.  I could care less which one of them takes the crown, or sequined cowboy hat, as it were.  They're both talented (the majority of the top 10 were), just, not my thang, I guess.
-I do enjoy the finale shows, as they are chalk-full of stars joining the Idols on their songs.  I missed the start, and really just started paying attention now, and there's only about a half hour left, but I've come to realize that...
-I really do heart Tom Jones.
-I really, really don't like Beyonce. At all. Not even a little bit. Nope.
-Carrie's legs are phenomenal.  I'm like, lusting after her legs.  I wish I had her legs.  I think I might serve myself up a bowl of ice cream to soothe my wounded self for knowing just how far from her legs that my legs actually are. Plus, it oughta help my throat, right?
-I'm glad I didn't spend money on the U2 tickets for the Magnetic 360 Tour; I just don't like them enough.  Who was the guy singing with them, anyway? (yeah, I really stopped watching after my boycott).
-I enjoy Steve Tyler a lot, and I think he's been a fair & decent judge. The best quote of the season (told to me by my mama, as quoted by Steve: "...so we'll f*&k the duck and see what comes out" - if anyone knows which contestant he was referring to, feel free to comment).
-Scotty can part his hair on the side as severely as he wants to, but he'll still look like the MAD guy.
-The "Idol" song SUCKED - I know he was heavily emotional, (licking at the streamers like they were snowflakes was a little much though), but man...out of tune much?

That is all :)

2 comments:

Sherri said...

Steven Tyler said that about Scotty in his first audition :)

Amber said...

Sherri, that's friggin' hilarious!! :)