Search This Blog

Monday 9 May 2011

rainy day monday and a weekend tally

Monday again.  And it's been raining all day.  I guess if it's going to rain, it may as well be a Monday, though, right?   I thought we had enough "April showers" though already.

Sooo, oh, hai!  Thanks for still tuning in despite a slackadaisy turnaround in the postings...I swear when I started the whole 'quote Tuesday' thing I had not intended on just weekly updates with just a quote.  For someone who feels she doesn't have much of a 'social life' it seems life has been busy!  I worked the night shift last week, so there wasn't much on the go other than the standard work, eat, tv, sleep, repeat (about as blog-worthy as it sounds).  Saturday morning, Chris was up at the crack of crow p!ss and made sure I was up just after that.  We hit the road at about 7am and headed to the mainland.  Our original intent of the trip was a visit to see Sue before she was packed up in her three transfer trucks and back to where she hailed from.  Of course, the two of us being the procrastinators that we are, we left it til the very last minute (the last day being May 8) .  Before we made it as far as Halifax, we had to stop in Truro to visit Chris' nannie.  It being Mothers Day weekend, when we arrived, she also had a full house - with Chris' parents and his Uncle Terry & Aunt Judy.  So we had a nice visit and fueled up on home cookin' before we hit the road to Hali. 

Sue was neat.  Actually, I sorta thought she'd be bigger.  Perhaps, being that she was in 'strike' position, down low, this did something to the perception?  Had there been room to stand her up tall, she might have appeared to be more intimidating. *shrug*.  Perhaps I'm just grappling with the memory of a 7-year-old me when we visited the "Dinosaur" museum in Ottawa.   Perhaps I just need something other than an assortment of aged bones to excite me.  Perhaps heading to Halifax on very little sleep, while PMS'ing, and then having to stand outside in a line-up to see said aged bones were a bad combination.  Yeah, I was a little underwhelmed.  Chris was like a kid though, and squealed with delight. So one of us had fun ;).

After the museum, we stopped into David's Tea, where I picked up a few delicious blends I can't wait to try, and then we hit Jack Astor's with the Moshers!  The food was delicious, and the company was even more appealing.  Thanks for the laughs, Moshers!  We miss you so much!  With extremely full bellies, we hit the road and were on moose patrol (well, I suppose I wasn't much help.  Every time Chris made a comment, "Oh there's eyes in the ditch", I'd awake from my stupor.  For the record, there was nary a moose sighting).  It was 11:30 before we drove back into the hood and we collapsed into bed soon after.  It was a whirlwind trip, certainly do-able as a day trip, but it is pretty tiring.

Yesterday, Chris made supper for the mommas.  Unfortunately, my momma bailed at the last minute, so we're going the celebrate her on Wednesday night during our weekly "Mummy & me" night.  Chris' mom & dad seemed to have a good time, despite there being a few less people than expected.  Thanks for all your hard work preparing supper, Chris!! *muah!*  Wishing all of the mommas in my readership much love.  Hope you all had a chance to celebrate 'you' with your close family and friends! xoxo.  What did you do? Tell me all about it!

1 comment:

Fizzgig said...

I took my momma to dinner with my brother, and shopping for plants. Then I got roped into planting them for her and laying her mulch. But it was a fun day!