Search This Blog

Thursday 14 April 2011

"weight" just a minute!

Remember how avid a watcher of American Idol I've been?  Well.  This season, scheduling conflicts have interfered with my routine, and I've only caught bits and pieces so far.  Today, I have quit the show.  Why? you ask? Well, I shall tell you.  See the photo to the right*?  I've borrowed it from Mix FM's website.

This pretty, young girl won a radio contest to participate in the AI audience.

She was banned from the front row....

...........

...because she was....

 "too big". 

I'm purely, utterly, and absolutely appalled, and disgusted. 

Sadly, society as a whole has made it so that one's size dictates their 'worth' or their 'well-being'; or, what 'we want to look at', or 'what we want to be'.  And it's wrong.  So very wrong.  Growing up a little fluffier than the average gal, I know the heartache, humiliation, and torture society can place on a person for being overweight.  And it's about damn time we break the silence and say collectively that this IS NOT RIGHT. C'mon, ya'll, get on up here on my soapbox and join me, would you!??

1 comment:

Lana said...

Make room on that soap box for me!! I hope she sues for discrimination!