Search This Blog

Tuesday 3 May 2011

quote tuesday

Wow, is it really Tuesday all over again? 

Today's quote was easy.  I borrowed it again, from a FB status.  Several on my friendship list had this posted actually.  In light of some recent events, it really speaks volumes, to me:

"I mourn the loss of thousands of precious lives, but I will not rejoice in the death of one, not even an enemy. Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

Osama bin Laden was killed.  An eye for an eye?  Sure, the man was responsible for unspeakable grief and suffering.  But will this end the horror?  Of course not. Will the man's counterparts not declare justice, or revenge on the people responsible for the act?  Of course they will.  As Obama and the rest celebrate the victory, I sure hope they tighten up the security.

No comments: