Search This Blog

Sunday 14 November 2010

weekends are for wining & dining

After a week or more of constant rainfall, wind, and overall dreariness, we were finally met with glorious sunshine and unseasonably warm temperatures (yesterday at least) this weekend. I should have taken advantage of it yesterday, but unfortunately, there were things that needed attending to in-house. Rosanne & Craig's wedding photos were finally done (a la Christopher), so I was finally able to add the finishing touches to their wedding gift. I also had to make up a few birthday cards. Because we were invited over to Rosanne & Craig's house for the evening, with the prospect of helping her polish off a few bottles of the wedding wine (oh sweet baby Jesus, Georgie's homemade wine), I knew I wouldn't feel like sweeping floors and loading and unloading the washer today, so I did my Sunday clean up on Saturday afternoon. And, now as I type, curled up on the couch under a blanket with a large glass of hydrating water by my side, I'm so thankful that I decided to do that.

We had a great night at the MacLeod's. Chris, me, Sue Ellen, Kellsay, Jyl and Pat came over to help with the wine polishing, and many laughs and stories ensued. We started the night with a 'slide show' of the wedding pics, since Craig was able to hook up the computer cable to the TV to view them. The overall reception of the photos seemed fairly positive, so Chris and I breathed a big sigh of relief. It was too bad that the rest of the gang couldn't join in. We missed you guys! Thanks so much for your hospitality, newlyweds!! We look forward to many nights together :).

Last night also gave us the opportunity to meet Miss Molly, Rosanne & Craig's new chocolate Lab puppy. She's a ball of energy and completely adorable. And, she's young enough that she doesn't stink. I was in-like with her, and even held her in my lap for a bit and gave her some scratches. It goes without saying, but Chris was beyond infatuated, and I fear the meeting only pushed his need for a dog even closer to the forefront. The thought of being disturbed from sleep every night in 2 hr intervals and looking out for all of my belongings suffering incessant chew marks makes me want to vomit a little, but if I'm going to stay with Chris, I don't know how much longer I can hold off on the 'no dog in my house rule'. I'm reading Marley & Me to try to soften up to the idea, and I suppose, ample visits to the MacLeod home might help me along. But I will make this official by posting it out there on the interwebs: I am NOT responsible for ANY part of anything canine. I will NOT be getting up in the 2 hr intervals to take it out to pee. I will NOT be picking up its piles of poo. I will NOT tolerate doggy kisses or doggy drool on any part of my face. Regular bathing will be required, and I will NOT be the one responsible for doing said cleanings. And a bigger house, with a fenced in yard, is preferred. And the dog has to be a golden Lab puppy. And it should be a she. Yeah. Anyway.

Tonight is Lana's belated birthday shawarma at Cedars where there will be absolutely no puppy talk, and we will undoubtedly leave there with very, very full bellies. I should probably rest up a bit in preparation for the big indulgence before me, so off to enjoy a little more TLC. Happy Sunday, folks!

1 comment:

Toughie said...

I completely understand how you feel about a dog, I wasn't looking forward to it either since I thought he would WRECK EVERYTHING!! BUT... Rocco is only 6 months old and we made it out relatively unscathed (he did eat a pair of Adam's sneakers, but that was his fault for leaving them where he could reach them when we were at work). He doesn't sleep in our bed, and he doesn't get on the couch. I bathe him way more than Adam thinks I should, but I don't want this place smelling like a kennel. Anyway, I did have a point: if you end up getting a dog (and you should, they're so fun!!) get 8million toys for them to chew on,and train them from the time you get them. And it was only about 2 or 3 weeks before he slept all night. Erm... that is all...