Search This Blog

Tuesday 16 November 2010

A party in Heaven

Today, on what would have been your 74th birthday, I send greetings Heavenward. There is not one day that passes, not one, that I don't think of you at some point or another. Today the ache is a little heavier. Today there are a few more tears that hide behind the smile in my eyes as I think about you. I hope that there's a party in Heaven today for you. A party where all the good people who left before and after you will gather, and celebrate the great man that is you. I know you'll be standing straight and proud. There will be no limp, no pain in your eyes. Perhaps you'll dance to a special tune to honor this special day. And I'll know you're dancing as I go outside, and feel the soft breeze pass by my face.

I love you so much Dad. I miss you more than words.

xoxoxoxoxoxo

There's something like a line of gold thread running through a man's words when he talks to his daughter, and gradually over the years it gets to be long enough for you to pick up in your hands and weave into a cloth that feels like love itself.
~John Gregory Brown, Decorations in a Ruined Cemetery, 1994

2 comments:

L.A. said...

Today your Dad is looking down with pride in his eyes and love in his heart for his beautiful little girl.

Anonymous said...

*hugs*