Search This Blog

Thursday 25 November 2010

sh!t my mom says...

Sometimes, I just about consider writing a book or creating a site entitled "Sh!t My Mom Says", akin to the uproariously funny and viral, Sh!t My Dad Says (which I absolutely adore btw. And, for the record, the site only. The show? Big fail if you ask me). However, my gal Ellen already thought of it for her show, and I don't want her thinking I'm stealing her idea or anything ;). Aaaanyway, so I guess I'll have to just add a story or two to the blog whenever the moment arises.

And it rose last night.

Chris & I, and Mom & Todd were out at a local pub for supper, celebrating Todd's birthday. A week or so ago, Todd had a bout of some stubborn cold sores, preventing him from shaving his chin for a few days until they healed up. Mom was admiring Chris' fabulous handlebar moustache he's been sporting for Movember, and I guess that's what made her remember Todd's health issues. So, in the voice that is my momma's (ie, not overly soft, delicate or quiet), she says outloud, "Did you tell them about your herpes?".

Well, yes, technically, a cold sore is a form of that particular ailment, but it's not normally called anything other than a cold sore. Especially in public. At a restaurant. Where other patrons were in earshot. And bar staff.

As we were getting our coats on to leave, after a pleasant and quite delicious meal, Mother made a comment about how cute the waitress had been (she was a complete doll). Todd muffled under his breath in the dry tone that he's known for, "Yeah, too bad she thinks I have herpes".

1 comment:

Lana said...

Ha ha ha!! (I actually snorted as I read the last line!) Poor Todd! Gotta love your mom!