Search This Blog

Tuesday 30 November 2010

this post brought to you courtesy of Lou Bega

I've been a little neglectful lately. The weekend passed me by in a blur. There was a ton of things I should have done that went undone. I'm working the late shift this week, so even though I have huge ideas, plans and expectations that I will fill my morning hours preparing for Christmas with finishing my cards; finishing the decorating of the tree; starting to wrap; heck, even doing a load of laundry or two, in actuality, the pull of the warm bed sucks me in every time. This morning, just as I had flipped my pillow over to the cool side to snuggle in for that final hour before I had to get up, Mambo#5 started on the radio, and I immediately jumped out of bed. I figured it was a sign from a higher power. Words cannot express how much I deeply loathe that song. Unfortunately, the Christmas preparations went untouched, but I was able to clean up the kitchen and make the living quarters a tad bit more liveable.

Tonight, I'm meeting up with the girlies after work at P&W to celebrate Erin's birthday (birthday post dedicated to her on the way!), and tomorrow morning I have to leave the house early for an appointment before work, so you can guess that I will continue to leave the Christmas preps untouched for yet another day. The weekends before Christmas seem to be filling up with invitations and goings-on... before I know it, the day will have come and gone. The overwhelming sense of panic is starting to set in. It's time to breathe. It's time again to focus on the real meaning of Christmas...that, and perhaps playing Lou Bega on repeat every early morning til the day before?

No comments: