Search This Blog

Thursday 4 November 2010

Money talks

In a world of uncertainty, violence, inhumanity, and lack of goodwill toward thy neighbor, it's refreshing to know that there are still a few good people left. I was completely astounded to read of one couple's recent generosity:

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/article/885532--couple-gives-away-11-2m-in-lottery-winnings

There aren't a lot of people out there who would even consider giving up a quarter of his or her winnings to a charitable cause, much less the whole prize. The fact that they were able to bring so much happiness to so many people is heart-warming. The sentence in the article that resonates within me the most is, "'People who know them just know that’s the type of people they are — they’re just happy to have each other”'.

Money can't buy everything.

Oh, and just for the record, though I love him dearly and all, if I won the 649 I'd still be happy to have Chris, but you can be sure I'd be also hanging onto that cash ;).

No comments: