Search This Blog

Sunday 19 September 2010

To think too long about doing a thing often becomes its undoing*

I really think that I could make procrastination into a profession. Beforehand, I always look toward a few days off with such grandiose ideas of what I will, and shall accomplish...until I get into the moment and the thought of laying there, in bed, in comfort, under the warmth of the blankets for just a few minutes longer gets the better of me. Or, when I sit down at the laptop to just look at the recent pics and status updates on Facebook until the coffee is finished from my cup. Or, when I think, well I may as well see what's on TLC, only to be sucked into a few hours of "Say Yes to the Dress", whilst I consume yet another hot cup of coffee, snuggled up under my fluffy couch blankie, with my dear Zoe cuddled up in my lap. I then might fall asleep. I then might turn the channel to see what movie is on the Women's network. Oh, and I then have to move back to the laptop, because surely, there's been enough time lapse now that there ought to be dozens more status updates to view, chuckle over, and comment on.

*sigh*

Such has been my weekend.

The cat hair is tumbleweeding around my living room. Our bedroom looks like someone raided it looking for drug cash. There is evidence everywhere that Chris has been here and gone as he frantically readied himself for his last day of a photography workshop (even the trail of Island red dirt from his sneakers as he backtracked over to me (on the couch) to give me a good-bye kiss. And, we can't get mad at him for leaving a mess, because he did think to backtrack for a kiss, without prompting, right?) The laundry has finished it's cycle, and sits there, waiting for me...yet I can't seem to grab enough energy to get off my still-pajama'd arse to change it.

The saddest part? I'm not feeling overly guilty about it. We're so busy at work these days I think I really and truly need moments of do-nothing downtime to recharge. In between writing and posting this, I did get up and change the laundry to another load. I did fold the one that was waiting in the dryer, and I did start a rather lengthy post in drafts that I'm not sure the world is ready to read. I'm still in my jammies. The cat hair tumbleweeds are still passing by. I've already consumed two hot cups of coffee, and I'm all caught up on FB. Our bedroom is still in chaos. I didn't get into my craft room to straighten it up and start a few gifts like I'd planned. That can wait til tomorrow, right?

I think I'll go see what's on TLC.

*Quote by Eva Young

1 comment:

Rhonda Bowlan said...

This is why I love you so much, Amber! You make us all feel "normal"! This is one of my new favorites! :)