Search This Blog

Friday 2 November 2007

Trying to stay sane in an insane world

Guess I'm due an update, especially after the woe-is-me post that I did last.

Halloween night, Steve & Olivia joined us at the house and the 4 of us got suited up in our outfits to scare the local kids in the neighborhood. Chris had rigged up a black curtain on the deck, and Steve & Olivia hid behind that. Their costumes were great...decked out all in black, and their full head/face masks were skeletons with a long black wig. Chris put on his coveralls, gloves and "Candy's" wig, but backwards, so you couldn't see his face. I layered up with a blanket over my shoulders, scarf over my face, sunglasses and the big pimp wig. The idea was for me & Chris to remain as still as possible, to have people question if we were real or 'stuffed', and S&O were to pop up from behind the curtain once they were concentrating on the task of figuring out our status. Chris would also follow them, silently, and sometimes Steve would chase after them. It worked quite well...with several squeals, some even cried, and I'm pretty sure we made one pee himself...the trail on the deck being evidence of something 'liquid'! We're already scheming for next year's scare. I'll post pics as soon as I get them off my camera, so read back later to see some. (Update: et voila!)
So it's November. It totally snuck up on me. Tonight, I've got my stamp craft thing, followed by wine at Bobbi Jo's, working tomorrow at BR (if the compelling urge to quit doesn't overtake me), and then Sunday night I am taking Lana out for her birthday schawarma (honey I really didn't forget about you...the calendar screwed me over...November came too quickly and I'm totally discomboobulated). A real treat to look forward to this weekend.......clocks go behind an hour...one more glorious hour to sleep. Yeehaw! We're also on the path of Hurricane Noel...it's predicted to be downgraded to a storm by the time we get it...but it ought to be a crappy day regardless. My knee is throbbing like crazy due to the pending moisture. Have a safe weekend, everyone.

No comments: