Search This Blog

Tuesday 20 November 2007

Running on fumes.....

Well I'm reciting the Serenity Prayer today to get me through...I'm soooooo tired......Chris' bladder called him at 3:30 am last night...and I guess the cats figured it was 'morning' with the stir...so commenced their play hour...from 3:30 to 4:30 am. Just as I started to drift back to sleep they took the horseplay into the bedroom and started 'fighting' on top of me. I was sooo unimpressed. Yeah. So. Rough start this morning. To add to it, I eff'd up the coffee this morning...toooo weak. Our new beans are a lighter roast and I didn't grind them enough....course I didn't see the difference until I went to make my coffee and saw how quickly she changed color when I poured the cream. Gonna be a long day.

So I've been neglecting a 'real post' it seems...not intentional, but so busy lately! Lemme see if I can backtrack a bit...
-after about a week-long period of utter mental turmoil, I've decided to buy my own car out when the lease finishes up in February. The tempation to swap it with a brand new car was very very very very tempting...and I almost signed on the dotted line, but my primary goal was lowered monthly payments, and with the buy-out stretched out over a 5 year term, it works out to be $250/mo, and a new car payment just can't get as low as that *(please please don't do the math...I KNOW I paid more than I should...I KNOW I shouldn't have leased. I've learned...). The intent is to put new tires on it, eventually get the bumper fixed, drive it thru the winter (it has a starter on it, after all!), and then try to sell it for profit as the summer approaches, and then go in with a bit of a down-payment for a new car purchase. Wish me luck.
-I did have my card class on Saturday. Thanks to Theresa, the one sole sign up. It was great meeting a new 'scrapper' though...and I hope she comes back for future classes! Heather takes the reigns for this coming Saturday, and then I have one more card class for the following Saturday. Pics to come (when I actually get the cards done).
-I got a meager start on my Christmas shopping...emphasis on the 'meager'. I also have 4 projects to finish before the end of the month because they're the gifts that need to be mailed out. When I say 'projects to finish' I also mean 'projects to start and finish'... Belinda, Fred & Kaitlyn are coming to PEI for Christmas, so at least I can put their gifts on the back burner til the other 4 are completed. Guess what I'll be doing this weekend??
-I'm pretty sure I made a new hole where my earring once was on my right ear yesterday....I had only had my earrings out a few days...could I really have started to 'grow over' the hole that quickly?? Seriously. It took some jamming in for sure, and now it huuuuurts so bad :(. I did get the hoop in yesterday but when I went to turn it, well,...it was stuck. Ewwie-oooow.

No comments: