Search This Blog

Monday 5 November 2007

Stormy weekend

So another weekend is behind us. Friday night after work I met with Ang & Brandi, and we dined on half-price apps at East Side Marios, before moving on to our Stamp Club night. It was a great time, per usual, and we made 4 lovely Christmas cards. From there, I headed on to BobbiJo's place for a nightcap and some laughs with some co-workers. It was a hoot!! Thanks ladies, I truly needed that!

Saturday I had to work at BR, and was hoping to have some time to 'create' but had to price stock instead. Oh how I *love*the grunt work. It truly makes the minimum wage worth it. I was also very disappointed to see that my papers that I had been saving for a class were put out, and some sold, so therefore I couldn't use them for the class (it was the class that ended up being cancelled for no sign-ups, but, because so many said they 'liked' the page but couldn't make it that night, I thought I'd try it again. The heck with busting my patoot off for hours to post a new page that might not go either). So I ended up taking the backing paper off of the sample, and replacing it with another paper that I had 'reserved' for yet another (yet to be) page. Arrrgh!

Saturday night I dined on a frozen dinner, and Chris on oven fries. We stayed in for the evening, awaiting the pending storm. We rented two movies to help pass the time....Transformers (I slept through the entire show, and meant to), and The Zodiac (looooong, boring movie....I fell asleep before it ended, but according to Chris I didn't miss much). If anything, I guess I got caught up on some much needed rest :).

We survived Noel - and thankfully, there were no reported injuries, and it wasn't as bad, overall, as it could have been. The wind gusts were pretty scary though - and Chris & I were sure to park our cars inbetween our house and George's rather than under the pretty tree we normally park under. Some of the gusts shook the house...and one even shook the bed (and I was in bed alone...heh). We did lose power in the morning hours of Sunday, and once it was back on, it kept flickering for a while after, which enabled the decision to leave the ominous laundry pile alone. I didn't venture outside until about 3:30pm, but Chris took off earlier in the day to survey the damage. The picture in this post is one of the ones he shot.

Sunday night, I took Lana out to Cedars for her birthday schawarma - and like always, they didn't disappoint. We dined, we laughed, we ate, and we ate some more, even ending with tea and a cheesecake dessert. It was a lovely time. You're a great date, Lana *muah*.

No comments: