Search This Blog

Monday 12 November 2007

And the rain, how it fell, and the winds, how they did blow...

Another weekend has come and gone...lest we forget those men who fought for our freedom, those who have given up their lives for us, and those who are still fighting today.

Full weekend; here's the highlights:

-Friday night Chris took me out to Swiss Chalet for supper after work, and then I came home and crafted up 5 cards to do for my card class next Saturday. They're cute, I guess. I don't know if anyone will sign up...Lisa had nobody this week. Sooo trying not to take it personally!
-Saturday Chris & I went for a breakfast bagel & coffee at Timothy's, and then headed to test-drive some 'cheaper' cars. With my lease on the 'Rolla coming to a close in February, I'm looking for other options...cheaper options. We drove a Hyundai Accent, a Kia Rio5 (exact same car), and ended with a VW City Golf. Hands down, the Golf tops the day. By the time we finished up at VW, it was too late to get to other dealerships. I hope to have something decided upon soon, though....my tires are in baaaaad shape, and if the weather gets colder I'm going to find myself in the ditch. I reaaaaalllly loved the Golf though....
-Saturday night another 'Nor Easter' started its way through, and it was downright nasty outside, so we stayed in, watching tv and snuggling on the couch.
-Sunday was a stay-in day...the storm continued all day....really high winds and heavy rain (had it been snow, it'd been quite the storm).
-Today I joined the scrap girlies for a day of scrapping at the Brackley Commons. It was a great little spot for us to gather for some crafting. I finished up a 2-page layout with new My Minds Eye papers for my next class attempt, and then did some Christmas cards. The cards were very basic, but as they were very basic, I got quite a few done.

No comments: