Search This Blog

Thursday 2 June 2011

This is not a Dr. Seuss rhyme...

...but....

I awoke to a freaking MOUSE IN MY HOUSE! 
Fear not, he was not attempting to plot. 
Dead was he, and white-faced, was ME!

I nearly passed out.  I frantically called out to a slumbering Chris, "UM, there appears to be what looks like a real dead mouse in the hallway".  To which, he sleepily replied, "Huh, that's not possible"..and then the surprise, "Oh my God it IS (no sh!t, Sherlock!)".

I remember hearing Zoe crying out for us earlier in the morning, long before the alarm.  She usually waits til the alarm goes off, and then she walks all over me to ensure I'm getting up.  Perhaps she was squealing in delight at her kill?  Bosco looked unusually tired this morning - barely opening an eyelid as he remained drowsily perched on top of the couch. Perhaps he'd had a busy night last night.  Regardless of how the kill went down, at least Chris was there to dispose of the...carcass.  He'd dropped it actually, and it made a big thud.  How quick does riggor kick in, anyway? (*shudders*).  This is our first issue with a rodent.  Does it mean that there's a nest of little furry creatures in our mattress?  In the dust bunny haven under the bed?  Perhaps in the sty that we call a bedroom closet?  I'm sickened at the thought, but, at least I do have a few 'guards' on hand to take care of business, as it were. 

I guess you know what I'LL be doing this weekend.  Full on clean up in the Master...complete with closet dump.  If it's not been worn in a year, "hopeful" or not, she goes to the red bin.  Pray that I don't find fecal matter or 'nests', would you, please?

Sweet merciful baby Jeeeeeeeeeebus!

No comments: