Search This Blog

Monday 20 June 2011

Shame on me...

...I've been a bad blogger.  I wish I had some exciting reasons why I've been MIA.  It's more that there hasn't really been much blog-worthy goings-on, I'm afraid.  I'll try to cap off a Coles notes version of the past while...I'll go point-form so I don't lose too many of you toooo quickly:

-Operation Mouse Trap 2011 has been a success.  After a week between the last check, it has been determined that we've rid our home of our pesky little visitors.  The 15 traps under the home have been untouched, as are the ones in the water heater closet.  Phew!  That means that our original mouse count of 3 was it.  The assumed entrance-way has been plugged up, and the traps will remain for a while longer. We have slept much better lately.
-Our 'spring weather' in the Maritimes has been really sh!tty - wet, damp and cool.  We can count on 1 hand how many nice, warm, sunny days we've been graced with. And, it's even making the news - they just mentioned that it's rained 2 out of every 3 days since May. I don't normally blog about the weather, but one day in the future, maybe we'll look back on 2011 as the year we didn't have summer?  I kid, I kid.  Personally, I wouldn't mind if the temps stayed in the 20-22 degree Celsius range, so long as the dark, dreary clouds would dissipate.  I can just imagine that realistically,  the humidity is on its way and the remaining summer months will be unbearably sticky and hot and I'll be praying for a little rain and cool.  We'll see.
-We finished Prison Break.  A little piece of me has died. I'll not elaborate in the event any of my reading audience has yet to watch (watch it already, damnit, so we can talk! :)).
-I have been watching the Bachelorette; I did my first post recently, as a catch up post for the first 3 weeks.  I watched this past Monday's episode over the weekend, and I really don't have much to add.  Ashley is whiny.  The last episode was boring...but, I will keep watching.  And the preview for tonight's show sets up the possibility of a return of the Snake Bentley?  That oughta mess with her head. *sigh*
-Big Brother starts on July 7!!  I'm just a little gleeful about the prospects of a new season in the house!!
-My aforementioned birthday shawarma was postponed - to tonight that is!!  Meeting up with Lana tonight and I can barely stand it!  Belated birthday shawarma is something I look forward to twice every single year :).
-We've been to a few more Open Houses in the past while.  We've determined that our 'style' of choice is definitely a rancher - with a full double-car garage with the extra high ceilings so that Chris can set up studio shop inside.  We're still not sure whether we want to take the leap to build something, or keep shopping for one that's already up.  Chris' list of must-haves is a lot longer than mine.  I just want a big closet, and it must be walk-in.    In the meantime, we've purchased some new flowers to dress up the outside of the mini-home. We may be here for a lot longer, yet (if only I could convince him that the painting and sprucing up inside could stand to be done now and not when the time comes to sell...).
-One of the few beautiful sunny days that we had was last Saturday, June 11 - Darren & Melissa's wedding day.  That day was so spectacular it deserves it's own post, so stay tuned.  I'll even include pics ;).

That's about it --- birthday shawarma awaits, so I must go get purty!  More updates to follow :)

No comments: