Search This Blog

Monday 4 April 2011

"What the heart has once known, it shall never forget"*

Today is an anniversary. 9 years ago we lost you.  It seems like forever ago, yet it seems like only yesterday.  Not one day goes by, not one, that I don't think of you, and miss you.  You were the best Dad that a girl could ever, ever ask for.  So much of me, is a part of you.  You've helped shape me, and make me into the person that I am.  I miss your twinkling eyes.  I miss your big bear hugs.  I miss your laugh.  I miss you.  God, I miss you so much....xoxo


To Those I Love
If I should ever leave you whom I love
To go along the Silent Way, grieve not,
Nor speak of me with tears, but laugh and talk
Of me as if I were beside you there.
(I'd come-- I'd come, could I but find a way!
But would not tears and grief be barriers?)
And when you hear a song or see a bird
I loved, please do not let the thought of me
Be sad... for I am loving you just as
I always have... You were so good to me!
There are so many things I wanted still
To do-- so many things to say to you...
Remember that I did not fear... It was
Just leaving you that was so hard to face...
We cannot see beyond... But this I know:
I loved you so-- 'twas heaven here with you!


~ Isla Paschal Richardson

* Author unknown

3 comments:

Tanya said...

thinking of you....can't believe it's 8 years ago...where does the time go? hugs

Amber said...

Jeepers -- this is how tired I was this morning when I wrote this--it's not even 8 --- it's 9 years today.

Shar said...

It's hard to figure out how to exist in a world where they no longer do; but keep his memories close, he'll always be your Daddy.

Thinking of you.