Search This Blog

Friday 1 April 2011

I'll play a fool for you*

I walked up the stairwell to the entrance door at work today to find a sign, "Please use other door!"

There's a brightly coloured, very professional looking, sign on the printer to advise that it's now voice enabled, with user-friendly instructions: "Using Voiceover is Easy.  1.) Stand close to the printer  2.) Simply speak one of the following commands: "PRINT"; "COPY" or "SCAN"  3.) You may also speak additional information: "PRINT FIVE COPIES"; "COPY THIS TWO TIMES ON A4 PAPER".

I work with a bunch of hooligans ;).  I can proudly say that I was not fooled by either message. But, as I sit right next to the printer, I can honestly say that there were at least two others that questioned: "Well, will it still work if I just hit the buttons?  'Cause I'm not going to talk to the printer....". 

Kudos to whoever came up with the devious trickery.  It was quite amusing.

So, tell me --- were you fooled today?  Other than forgetting my watch and leaving my freshly brewed, piping hot travel mug full of coffee on the kitchen table, I managed to escape the foolery unscathed.  Fortunately, I can finally say that the weekend is on the horizon, and a very long, VERY busy week is behind me.  That's my tiny blessing for today!
Happy Friday!

*post title courtesy of the wonderful Matt Andersen lyric

1 comment:

Sherri said...

As I read your post I imagined that your story would be about how when you said "print" it scanned instead. Apparently I'm a loser who will believe anything. I'm really glad I don't work with you - or I would have been mighty embarrassed today.