Search This Blog

Tuesday 5 April 2011

Thinking of Corey

I remember getting the call that day...the day I'd found out you'd lost your struggle.  Finally, your pain was over, yet, ours was just beginning.  Ironically, I had already been in a sad place, because it was the day after the anniversary of Dad's death just 2 short years prior.  I refused then to say good-bye to you, and I still do.  Because you're not gone.  You're always here.  There's not one gathering where your name is not mentioned multiple times.  Little things constantly remind us all of you...

We shared a lot of laughs, and a lot of happy memories.  You were also there to offer your strong shoulder that night I was sad...and I'll always remember that, Corey.  You were a gentleman.  You were a fabulous friend.  You're a Guardian Angel to so many.

It's been 7 years.  7 years since we saw that big smile and heard that big laugh.  You're so missed, Corey.  So missed.

I know you're up there nibblin' on sponge cake until the day we can all dance again together - for the 'ol times...xoxo.
"I have only slipped away into the next room, I am I and you are you. Whatever we were to each other, that we still are. Call me by my old familiar name. Speak to me in the easy way which you always used. Play, smile, think of me. All is well."
~ Henry Scott Holland

No comments: