Search This Blog

Saturday 19 January 2008

Yo, what up?

Greetings - the third week of January is at a close...um...holy doodle, where's the time going to, anyway?
So in the past 3 weeks-ish I've:
  • tried out the new restaurant Mosaic -former Angels location, twice. I was satisfied with the food both times...the service is a little slow but they are new and it will take a bit to get the kinks worked out. The first time I went I was a little disappointed that the meal I ordered (chicken wrap) wasn't offered with a side, but the 2nd time I was asked if I wanted to add a side for an added cost. Nice to have the option. They also get a huge plus from me for serving Timothys coffee!
  • tried out the new Little Christos location - it was ok - I was never a huge fan of the place when it was here before, but Chris was, so last Friday night after work we met Krissy & Marco and dined in. The garlic fingers were quite yummy...the pizza was very cheesy (which is never a problem), but it was pretty dough-y, too. I'd go back to give it another try though in future.
  • read an entire book...this is a huge feat for me. The book, "The Pact" by Jodie Picoult came recommended by a friend. It was pretty good. I must say I really enjoyed sitting back with a book and relaxing.
  • met with my "scrap friend-sy" gals for the day last weekend, and shared many a giggle and prepared a class page (next Tuesday...final kick at the bucket...), a few cards, and continued my "All about Me" book.
  • gone to the BR "New Year" party - a late Christmas party. We had a delicious turkey supper served to us, and our entertainment for the evening was a hypnotist. Chris participated in the 'suggestions'...claiming he was faking it for the most part....but it was very comical and I nearly peed myself from laughing. Nothing like a good belly laugh to work off a little stuffing.
  • taken (finally) the Christmas tree down and de-Christmas'd the house.
  • played many games of Scattergories with friends...if you've not tried, do so, it's so much fun.
That's about it for now...happy weekend!

No comments: