Search This Blog

Tuesday 15 January 2008

Cranky?









CRANKY??? That's an UNDERSTATEMENT.

Mother Nature has allowed the return of winter...and we're in the midst of another 'weather event'....we were expecting 20 cms overnight and there's another 10 cm scheduled to fall today with 70km winds expected. Take a wild guess as to where I'd rather be right now. There were no office closures (in my next life I'm going to be a teacher), so off I go...

So, I stopped at Tim's on the way to get my morning coffee (I need my morning coffee, and we're out of beans so bear in mind there had been NO coffee consumption before I left home) . I had only a $5 bill, so, broke that, and the remaining change is now sitting in my car. I carefully parked my car, backed in to my spot for safety– and because my shift started a half hour after the place opened, there wasn’t a spot close to the door so I had a bit of a walk ahead of me. From where I was to my destination doorway, there is a bit of a "grade", one could say. It had been raining last night before the snow fell - apparently. I saw one of my co-workers near take a dive as I got out of my car, so I very very gingerly started my walk toward the door.

It didn’t help that I was very careful.

It didn't help that I walked very very gingerly.

I went down in a pile.

My entire coffee spilled on the road.

My pride is completely bruised, and godDAMN it, I eff’d my knee. It happened fast but I’m guessing that’s what broke my fall. My left knee. The bad knee. It’s eff’ing killing me. I have no morning coffee, and I have no money to give to someone going out for coffee. As I type, my left wrist is also paining. Perhaps both my knee and the wrist broke my effing fall. I can feel my knee swelling. Holy eff it hurts.

1 comment:

Albert said...

good grief girl - I had no idea - i'm sorry to hear you fell - hope you are feeling better