Search This Blog

Tuesday 26 June 2007

keeping you posted

It's been a few days since posting...felt I owed my public some more, if'n they're to continue going to by blog on a regular basis.

Last week was pretty uneventful, on account of working evenings all week. Friday night upon returning from work Chris greeted me at the door with prospects of going out for a milkshake. I'm always up for a chocolate milkshake! We drove around town a bit and got our milkshake (thank you BK for bringing back these little gems!). Chris got a meal with his milkshake as he didn't eat supper. Upon my placing my hand inside the bag to find a freedom fry, I was met with 'the look' (guess he was hungry). Feeling he could not share his bounty, he then went thru the drive-thru at McDs for my own helping of fries (I like McD's fries better than BK's anyway). Thanks Wally! We returned home to enjoy the eats whilst watching the King of Queens. Exciting, I know.

Saturday, we took my car in to Canadian Tire for inspection/oil change and while the car was being TLC'd we took in the Farmers Market for lunch. While at the Market, we met a gent who works at the Res building at the university and he entertained us with his stories of 'first experiences' with traditional Canadian/American cuisine. Thanks Alex!! Glad you got over your first 'donut' experience!! :) Saturday afternoon we had a coffee (I actually had my first latte..YUM!) at Cafe Diem on their outdoor patio and listened to the soundcheck for the "Francofolie". For supper,we BBQ'd at home, and then went to Nightcap Sat evening for well, a 'nightcap', and enjoyed the entertainment of our friend Thomas Mears on guitar. Great job Tom!!!!!!! We enjoyed it immensely - and the homemade beer guitar, well...it just *has* to be witnessed!









Sunday was a supreme lazy day...and I feel 10% guilty but 90% guilt-free. I did manage to clean the bathroom from top to bottom and get most of the laundry done...the rest of the house...meh...it can wait.

And there you go....and now amidst another week...where did 2007 go?? To be more annoying than factual - did anyone realize that we have now less than (1 day less than) 5 months til Christmas??

No comments: