Search This Blog

Tuesday 19 June 2007

Belated Fathers Day Tribute


Hi Blogger world,

I missed posting on Fathers Day. I didn't want the occasion to pass by without acknowledging it, however. This is a tribute to our fathers, whether they are here with us in this life, or waiting for us in the next life.

My Dad passed away 5 years ago April 4; he was 65. Too young to die. It was cancer. Within a month of finding out what it was, we lost him. At least he didn't suffer long, and at least we all had the chance to say our good-byes ... but would it have hurt any more to have had him taken from us suddenly? I doubt it. He was my hero. Not one single day passes that I don't think of him. Not one single moment goes by that I'm not missing him. What I wouldn't give to have just a few more moments with him ... to tell him I loved him one last time ... to steal one more bear hug ... give him one more kiss on the forehead. I love you, Dad, and I miss you very, very much. Happy Fathers Day.

No comments: