Search This Blog

Saturday 16 June 2007

Birthday shenanigans

So I think I can say that I've finished up my birthday celebrations - with my shawarma supper with Lana last night. Every year for both of our birthdays she & I head to Cedars for the chicken shawarma and the Lebanese rice....OMG so so good. Last night the shish taouk was on sale, so she broke tradition; it looked very good, but my shawarma was heavenly. Now it could just be the inner oinker in me, but I truly feel they are skimping a tad on the rice of late...but it was still delicious. Before supper was consumed, I opened my present: a fantastic Making Memories mini-scrapbook kit, a little "cat" ornament, wooden letters spelling 'create' for my craft room, and an adorable homemade card and envelope. The envelope was so creative. Thanks "Grammy" *wink*! I love my present!! Love you bunches! After supper, we walked to Cows for dessert (I know I know...*oink oink*), and then sat outside of the Confed centre, talking and people-watching. From there, we headed to the movie store and rented "The Queen" and came back to my place to watch it. It was very interesting. I was so saddened by Diana's death in 1997...it certainly added a different perspective. All in all a lovely outing. Thanks again Lana, you are a wonderful date.

Many thanks also to Brandi & Ang for supper out at P&W on the 6th -while none of us planned on the occasion offering birth control and B.O., the change in tables eventually helped us to enjoy a lovely evening. I love my MM paint kit and magnet!! You girlies rock! If I hadn't been so worried about Bosco that night I probably would have been better company *hugs*.

As well, I had a great time on Monday this week, over to the Gahan for nachos & beer with Erin, Tanya, Julie, and Amanda. Thank you thank you thank you to Erin for the lovely Friendship book (and dinner!!), and to Tanya for the awesome cat frame. Can't wait to fill it!

Finally, although it wasn't birthday-themed, more, it's-about-time-to-get-our-sorry-a$$es-together-because-it's-been-too-long -- I also enjoyed a lovely night out with Kim & Amber on Thursday night of this week (P&W's again....starting to notice a trend...maybe that's why my clothes are feeling all the more tighter??). It's always fun to gossip and loiter at our meeting spot. We just have to book ourselves out more regularly!

No comments: