Search This Blog

Sunday 11 March 2012

Spring?

Today marks the day that we move our clocks ahead one hour for Daylight Savings Time.  It's my LEAST favourite day of the year.  I want my hour back.

We're supposed to be "springing forward" to welcome spring in all its warmth and glory.  Despite an unseasonably warm Thursday with a high of 10 Celcius, it was -10 last night as we hit the covers and immediately lost an hour of precious sleep as soon as we hit the pillow.  Each year I try to get to bed just an extra bit early to prepare for the loss, but, it seems that every year I don't make that a reality.  Last night was no exception.  So yeah, I'd like my hour back, please.  I might be slightly affected by the almost full bottle of Pinot consumption last night, but, I think I'd still be bemoaning that hour had I huddled under the duvet at 10pm.  Bah!  Least I had an extra day to the weekend, so that seems to have helped.  I had a great night out with some old friends last night, too.  We reminisced, and we laughed til we could barely breathe. There was a chocolate fountain. And there were cheesies (the big, fat, fluffy, melt in your mouth kind).  SO fun!   Now, despite a heavy head, the second load of laundry is churning, and I have Chris' momma's homemade turkey supper to look forward to in a few short hours.  So, I guess I was able to make the best of it, even if I wasn't able to grab a longer cat nap on the couch ;). 

What do you do to adjust to the time change?

No comments: