Search This Blog

Saturday 10 March 2012

it's jus' not the same 'round these here parts

Well, I will absolutely admit that it was never my intent to make this blog solely about reality tv (namely, the Bachelor for gawd's sake...), it just...er...sorta got that way on its own.  We can blame hectic scheduling, supreme laziness, the Home & Garden Channel (mmm...Bryan Baeumler), a mild addiction to Bejewelled, and the discovery of Pinterest.  I've been at this blog for a few years now, and I want to keep it going, so the weekly ramblings about the show have at least kept it alive.  So, yeah, thanks for sticking around.  For those who have given up on me, I'm sorry. 

So, what's new, you ask?  On a day by day basis, not a whole lot to be honest. We're still grappling with the idea of putting the mini-home up for sale to get into something larger.  Chris keeps saying "this is the year".  We've had the itch to move onward every spring, but this is the first time he's ever actually put a timestamp on it.  There's a whoollllle lotta getting ready to do to sell though.  Much decluttering...much staging...oh, and the small task of painting every frickin' wall in the joint.  After ample hours of HGTV behind me, I'd also really like to refinish the cabinets, change out the hardware, remodel the bathroom completely, and change the el cheapo light fixtures to maximize the sale potential, but, all of that is just typed words and thoughts.  Stay tuned to your inboxes, though friends, there might just be an upcoming painitng party invite on your horizon.  We'll pay in beer!  And we'll be your designated driver for the event!

The house today is quiet, aside from the sound of obnoxious snoring in the other room (hey, in a larger house, I suppose there's even the possibility that I could steal away to a space where I couldn't hear the snoring, huh?).  Chris just got back from a 2 week stint at a new warehouse that Hobbies is opening in Ontario.  Once again, leaving him at the airport brought me to tears. I did fine up til I got to the doors to leave. When did I become such a wuss?  I still blame hormones.  I did fine though.  I even shovelled.  That's a huge feat in itself.  Trust me.  The house stayed relatively tidy for the entire time he was gone.  I got caught up on a lot of sleep, and I managed to busy myself quite well for the whole time.  I just happened to have had yesterday as a scheduled day off (booking a float on a full moon Friday; yes, that was entirely my strategy), so I was able to pick him up at the airport.  So now, less than 24 hours later, the kitchen table is full, the blankets on the other couch are strewn, the laundry basket has grown exponentially, and I was back to stuffing both ears with ear plugs trying to will myself to sleep before he got onward to his next round of buzzsawing.  But it's all good.  It all feels right again despite all that.

I think I hear him stirring...and the snoring has stopped. Perhaps I ought to go grab another cuddle...

Looks like it's going to be a nice day out there -- hope you all enjoy a fantastic weekend, with your own cuddles to look forward to.

No comments: