Search This Blog

Thursday 2 February 2012

"Maybe she drank too much and the Jersey Shore came out?"*

I'm really late with this run-down.  I'm working nights, so I missed the beginning of the show Monday night, and because I really don't care that much, it wasn't set on prioity PVR-scheduling so I had to wait for it to be available On Demand.  Then it took a few days to actually get enough time together to completely watch it.
  • So now we're in Puerto Rico.  I have discovered that this show is greatly enhancing my desire to travel and see the world.
  • Nicki wins the first one-on-one date. They watch someone else get married and walk in the rain.  That's all I can really say about the date.  The marriage they witnessed got them talking about life, love and marriage, though, and she joined the group again with her saftey rose in hand.
  • Is it just me, or does anyone else think that Courtney looks like Russell Brand's twin sister? (I just insulted Russell. I'm sorry, Russell).
  • A competitive game of baseball is the setting for the group date.  As fate would have it, Emily and Courtney end up on opposing sides, splitting them into 2 groups of four, as the red team and the blue team. Prior to the schoolyard team picking, Ben was able to choose one girl to be the MVP, to play on both teams, and join the winning team to continue the date, and 'lo and behold, Lindzie-with-a-zee was the chosen one.  Therefore, she was guaranteed to win more time with Ben while the remaining girls fought to the death for their shot at more time with him.  Jennifer strikes out for the blue team, leading the red team (and Courtney) to victory, and a whisking away via helicopter to their dinner date on the beach.  Jealous of Ben giving Kacie B the group date rose, Courtney pulls Ben aside and into the water, offering to bare her ta-tas and skinny dip with her. Fortunately, Ben had enough couth to decline the invitation.
  • Elyse gets the second one-on-one date and they tear off onto a humungous yacht and he suggests they jump into the water - perhaps for one final chance to see her hot body before he dumps her on the date.  Note to Ben...if you don't have any intent on giving the girl the rose, WHY PICK IT UP AND FONDLE IT BETWEEN YOUR FINGERS giving her hope that it's on her way into her own fingers?  I agree with letting them go if there aren't any 'feelings' there, instead of leading them along, but that was just cruel.
  • With the departure of Elyse, perhaps Courtney felt the 'pressure' starting to brew, and she ended up bombarding him in his room with an impromptu invite back to the beach where she DID bare her ta-tas and the two went skinny-dipping (I'm thankful for tv censorship right now).
  • Emily, once more aims for some special one-on-one time during cocktail hour and ends up expressing her heartfelt disgust for Courtney. I`m actually quite shocked that he kept her & instead got rid of Jennifer.  That was his out, in my opinion.  And I thought he had more of a connection with Jennifer than he does Emily.  Anyway.
  • I don't believe Blakely's overdramatic-head-over-heels-for-Ben emotions either.  Nope, not one bit.
  • Oh Jennifer.  That's the ugliest "ugly cry" I've seen on the show for a long time. 
  • Lindzie still hasn't fixed her make-up problem.  I suppose if I was competing for Ben I wouldn't tell her anything to make her look better, either.
  • Oooh, next week's show looks chalk-FULL of Courtney drama!  I might even get next week's post done on time! (don't get too excited yet, though).
*Post title courtesy of Courtney; alternate title: "It blew my panties off!"

No comments: