Search This Blog

Saturday 14 January 2012

2012

Well, here we are, 14 days into the start of a new year.  I normally try never to make a huge list of resolutions because you all know that I just hate setting myself up for failure.  That, and it's my own way of figuratively wearing a really big bulky sweater (more life oversized blanket) to disguise (hide) the over-fluffy that has become my fluffy.  Seriously people, I happened to glance in the closet mirror last night as I stooped on the bed folding laundry and had to swallow back the vomit that filled my mouth in reaction to my own reflection.  I have a huge affection for Reitmans-wear, and I had started to joke with myself that my size is fine til "I can't fit into the plus-size Reitmans-wear".  I think I'm upon an epiphany here...one, seeing my own reflection that I try to avoid mostly, and two, fearing that I won't fit into the new-still-tags-on jeans from Reitmans that were 'slightly snug' when I bought them undoubtedly many pounds ago.  *sigh*.  So, the eggnog is probably now bad in the fridge.  Most of the Christmas chocolate has been eaten (I did have a little help, but, I'm still not proud). It's time to start cutting back on the crap again and start to get my heart pumping (and I mean for a longer interval than reaching the top of the stairs at work).  I may or may not blog about it. But, I gotta get a handle on it. Til then, this shall still be my motto for the new year that is upon us:

Number one priority, fluffy or not, is to spend the next 12 months trying to be as happy as I possibly can.  So far, since just after Christmas, I've learned of 5 deaths...all close enough in proximity that I know loved ones of each family.  Another one is expected, as the person has just been admitted into palliative care recently.  In addition, I've learned of 1 marriage break-up and 1 on the cusp. These sad statistics break my heart and make me feel sick inside.  Hey Universe, you can stop any time, ya hear? 

Happiness isn't a guarantee, and life truly is a gift.  I'm going to try to give it my all.  Why don't ya'll join me? Let's kick 2012 in the ass...

1 comment:

Lana said...

I really hope that 2012 brings you every kind of happiness, Amber. And remember, sometimes bad things have to happen to help us appreciate the good things. And sometimes bad things happen to give us opportunities to find good things. See every hurdle as an opportunity for positive change.
Love you to pieces!!