Search This Blog

Monday 2 January 2012

girls + booze = DRAMA (otherwise known as your first Bachelor post)

I'm due for a post-holiday update. Okay, overdue.  Seems to be the story of My Happy Place's life lately.  I'll get to that.  In the midst of three loads of laundry I found myself immersed in yet another season of the Bachelor tonight. I'll be honest, I was considering letting this one go without commentary.  Who're we kidding, though? The ridiculous antics and premise of this show really generate colorful blog fodder in an otherwise barren time of year, right?  So, without further ado, we've just met our various hopefuls, and here are my first impressions:

- Of course we have to have our standout Canuck in a sea of American girls.  The Baconator. Hmm.  She's no Jillian, though, eh? Is Ben a vegetarian? 
- Now Lindzi, I can understand you wanting to stand out in front of the other 24 girls, but, do you REALLY think smelling like a horse was a good idea?  Suppose it's one way of making a first impression.  Congrats on your first impression rose.
- And the blonde snubbing Ben at the entrance. She's another Canadian. I'm not so proud that she is and perhaps she isn't either after Ben just finished snubbing her, too (good on ya, Ben!).
-The British one has more to worry about people making fun of the ginormous schnozz more than the bum dimple on her chin, in my humble opinion.  Looks sure aren't everything, of course. Let's hope she's got something, then (for the record, she annoyed the crap out of me within the first 20 seconds, and I will NOT miss her).
-Bringing Grandma along for the ride when you know he's a real family man, Brittney.  Hmm...that just might have worked for you...
-Shira needs a cheeseburger.  Or twenty.
-So you were in a beauty pageant, huh?  Sure. Wear that sash. Wear that sash, everywhere. Yeah.  And it seems apparent that you feel that sash nullifies the fact that you should brush your hair.
-I predict the blogger chick to be our season's unstable-on-the-verge-of-breakdown girl. What do you think? She's bound to make things interesting, though.
-Hey, Ms. Kentucky:  your hat looks STUPID.
-Just a general question:  When stepping out of the limo to make your very first impression on a man, is a ponytail your best look? Really?
-The model is so not here to find a man. Publicity, sure. Ben? Nah.

Oh the drama.... You love it too, don't ya?

1 comment:

Rhonda Bowlan said...

OMG! Amber, I was so happy to see this post!!! Robin and I watched last night, having lots of similar comments! You really make me laugh out loud!