Search This Blog

Monday 7 March 2011

for Jenn

So I had a crappy day.  System issues playing havoc on the daily routine...being down in manpower on account of a scheduled vacation for a co-worker taxing an already huge backlog of backlog...lack of sleep...aching joints and damp weather.  Added together, I thought I had the perfect fixings to a day worth a litany of 'poor me' thoughts, and I validated those thoughts from sun up til sun down.  There may have been tears (ok, so maybe we can even throw hormonal in the mix??).  It's at times like these when life will then kick you in your proverbial sunken ass, and give you a dose of perspective, and realism.  I'm lucky.  I'm damn lucky.  How dare I sit and wallow in my own self-pity and feelings of self-loathing?  How dare I?

As I wallowed and did my routine check on FB status updates, I noticed several friends with memorial status updates for a "Jenn".  I noticed several had profile picture updates with the same, simple, "Love for Jenn", badge.  It would appear that a friend of a friend(s) lost her battle with cancer yesterday.  Curious, I did a search on FB and found a page dedicated to the strength and courage of this young lady. It also linked to her personal blog, where she wrote about her first diagnosis, her triumph of having 'beat' it...and, the unfortunate return. She had battled the disease for two years with vigor, passion, an unwavering will, and the utmost of positivity.  She leaves behind a loving husband, a 3 year old son, and a legacy of love and hope that will live on in her honour.

I sat here and read every single word that she wrote.  In awe.  In tears.  In complete and utter sadness for a true spirit taken from this world, and a renewed sense of gratitude and overwhelming guilt for feeling so sorry for myself all day long, I once again am aware of the fragility of life. Of the need to live each day with its fullest and highest potential.  Of never, ever leaving any word unspoken.  Of having no regrets.  Of living life with passion.  Of loving to its most unconditional potential.  I encourage you all to click on Jenn's blog, and read her story, and share her pain and her passion.

To Jenn:   I didn't know you, but your story has touched my very core.  You were truly a blessed soul, and you blessed everyone you touched.  Your words will continue to touch, and I wish your family peace, as they keep you close in their hearts and memories, forever.

Go tell someone you love them.  Go live....

1 comment:

Shar said...

Thanks for posting this. I learned about Jenn on facebook a few months back and started following her blog. The world sure could use more people like her. I'm one of the ones who never met her but, was truly inspired by her.