Search This Blog

Wednesday 30 March 2011

Wednesday update

We're short-handed at work on account of a vacation week and a baby being born (CONGRATS to Dave and Lynne!  I've been singing "Layla" from Clapton in my head for the past 2 days!), so we're down to a team of 3 trying to do the job of well, about 6 (yeah, the math is right; somedays it feels like we need another person).  Never a dull moment!  So, yeah. BUSY.  The busy-ness means extra strain on the wrist(s) (the good one's even bugging me this week), so I'm trying to avoid extra typing, and unfortunately, that means the blog gets ignored.  Sorry m'lovelies.

A quick little recap....

Friday night we went over to the W-homestead for a delicious lasagna supper and choc cake with boiled icing to celebrate the day of Charlie's birth (Happy B'Day, pappy!). 

Saturday, it was lovely and sunny, so we were out of the house early, having a to-DIE-for breakfast at Leonhard's Bakery (OMG if you're in the C-town area and have not yet been, you must. You must. You MUST (a future post about the awesomeness that is Leonhard's to come at a later date, because it's THAT awesome)). After our breakfast, we then drove around, scoping out various communities where we might someday wanna hang our hats.  Saturday night, we had take-out Chinese, enjoying it over candlelight, dining during Earth Hour, and then I finished up my book I was reading for bookclub courtesy of my booklight with rechargeable batteries (you're welcome, Earth).  Once the lights came back on, I finished up the laundry and fell asleep as we tried to watch a movie. 

Sunday, we brunched at home while watching a movie, then headed out to several open houses...hanging our heads as we came, once again, to the realization that what we want, and what we can afford, are two vastly, vastly different things (*sad face*).  After the last hideous open house we then booked it home so I could then book it on over to Sherri's to join the bookclub girlies, where we enjoyed a variety of DELICIOUS treats and watched our book club movie, "The Secret Life of Bees".  When I got home, Chris then suggested we start watching Prison Break.  It was recently added to Netflix, and someone had recommended it.  Let's just say that our sleep has now been sorely affected because of our new ADDICTION.  Wow, what a BRILLIANT show! (I literally think my blood pressure rises when I watch that show it's that exciting).

Ok yeah, now we're at Wednesday.  Break's over...time to get back to work.  Happy Hump!  Look at the pretty kittehs!

No comments: