Search This Blog

Friday 25 March 2011

point form

I owe you all an update as to what the heck's been going on and keeping from my happy place.  I've opted for point form so the post doesn't go on for days:

-In my last post, I was bemoaning the whole grey haired and wrinkled thing, but Tuesday night, I was time warped back to circa 1990-1991 after meeting up with Lori and Jodi for supper.  Their 20 year high school reunion is coming up, which had them already reminiscing, and it led to a planned supper out amongst us (something we've been saying we'll have to do for YEARS).  Unfortunately Rizpah couldn't make it, but we hope to get her out for the next one!  We laughed til our bellies and cheeks hurt; we reminisced; we shook our head at our young silliness; and, we marvelled at how we look exactly.the.same even after 2 decades have passed (heh); and, we laughed some more.  Thank you, thank you, thank you, lovely ladies, for a fabulous walk down memory lane.
-So for some reason, the network switched Survivor to Wednesdays instead of Thursdays. As that takes priority over American Idol, the blog may very well (well it has) lack any significant commentary on the singing competition until they at least get the Wednesday show down to an hour.  I tried to watch this week, but gave up before it ended due to the calling of my bed, and the fact that I was bored out of my trees.  Perhaps by the time that it's back to an hour the participants will have been weeded out enough that the suckage is lowered?  BTW I do enjoy Steve Tyler on AI very much.
-Bachelor Brad did pop the question and it wasn't Chantal, as I'd predicted.  The finale was all a little 'meh' to me.  I never felt confident that it would work out in the long run, and from what I've heard, they're still not fully committed.  I don't buy their 'love'.  I never watched "After the Rose".  I might at some point if I have a free minute on the weekend.  Or I might not. (*shrug*)
-My heart goes out to everyone who has loved ones near, from, or involved in the devastating earthquake and subsequent tsunami that took place a few short weeks ago in Japan.  I pray they get the radiation leaks under control and hope they will be able to rebuild and move past this. Somehow. It's just heart-breaking. Chris' mom has had several exchange students stay with them over the years from different parts of the world.  Shota is now back in Japan.  Thankfully, he and his family was spared any destruction...
-The wrist is bad.  Bad. I'm numb and tingly up to my elbow and sometimes my shoulder most days.  I've taken to wearing the wrist brace a lot.  It doesn't really help.  It sucks.  A lot.  I'm signed up for an upcoming scrapbooking retreat for May...I'm hoping I'll still be able to make it...
-So far I'm going on day 3 of a ginormous headache that won't take a hike, despite my regular Advil intake. Last night I was completely useless.  After about 3 hrs of sleeping on the couch as I 'watched tv', I finally gave up and went to bed.  I'm super bummed that I missed supper out with my girlies.  I really wanted to go, but felt that if I'm coming down with something, the last thing I wanted to do was pass it around to them -especially the mommies and the mommy-to-BE!  My plan is to lay low this weekend and hopefully I'll be back up to snuff next week.  We're going to be down manpower next week at work.  I just can't be sick. I can't.
-2 weekends ago we had our first barbeque of the season courtesy of Matt & Nicole (thanks guys!), and I had to brush my car off again this morning.  Mother Nature isn't done with us yet, methinks.
-Smurf & G are moving back to Halifax.  They leave tomorrow.  It sucks. We'll miss you guys!  I predict a few roadtrips to the big H in the upcoming future!  Travel safely back home...xo.

So yeah... that's about it.  Hope you all are feeling fine!  The weekend is so close I can smell it now.  Happy Day to you all!

No comments: