Search This Blog

Friday 4 March 2011

Happy Birthday Julie!

She's miles away, but so close in my heart.  She's the brightest smile in any room, and has the biggest laugh that is so contagious.  She's fun; she's caring; she's gorgeous; she's one of my very bestest friends.

Happy, Happy Birthday, Julie!  The pic above is Julie with her two beautiful daughters, Alexa & Sarah.  She's all the way over in the Yukon, and with the time zone, may still be sleeping as I type this.  Julie & I met while working at Southport Pharmacy.  We became fast friends, and were inseparable until she took the plunge with her hubby in hand and set out for the Great White North.  A short hiatus landed them back to the Island, but the pull of the North ached at them soon after, and they've been back there ever since.  It breaks my heart that she's so far away, but we're very fortunate in the fact that she's been able to come 'home' fairly regularly (some day I WILL get to the Yukon to see her -the interwebs as my witness!).

There's a viral friendship quote that has made it's way through FB two or three times over that reads:  "It's been said that everlasting friends can go long periods of time without speaking and never question the friendship. These types of friends pick up like they just spoke yesterday, regardless of how long it has been or how far away they live and they don't hold grudges. They understand that life is busy...but you will ALWAYS love them."  This definition truly defines the friendship I have with Julie.  She's so very special to  me.

Julie, raising a glass to toast your greatness, your smile, and our everlasting friendship!  Wishing you an overabundance of love, gladness, and all things happy today, and throughout the whole year ahead of you.  I can't wait to see you this summer!!  Love you bunches, girlfriend! xoxoxo

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

awww..what a wonderful birthday message Julie! you have a wonderful friend indeed....