Search This Blog

Monday 17 December 2007

Wrapping Up

Today marks the end of my vacation....back to work tomorrow. The time passed so quickly...

So in the past few days I:
-completed my Christmas wrapping (yeah!)
-watched the Survivor finale - glad to see Todd won, as he was the smart schemer, so a deserving win, methinks.
-joined the scrappy girls for our Christmas gift/sweet swap - despite a nasty drive to and fro (I was very glad to get home). Due to the poor weather, it was a short stay, and a rather hasty retreat, which I found disappointing. The treats are/were yummy, and the homemade gifts are lovely. Thank you, thank you lovely ladies!
-went to Chris' staff Christmas party Saturday night. We had dinner at Piazza Joe's followed by 'sneaky Santa' at Jim's. Next year, it's Chris' turn to drive.

This morning, I had a day of productivity planned, including several loads of laundry. I got up early, swept the kitchen floor and tidied up the living room/kitchen, and started my first load at around 8:30. The washer loaded up, per normal, and then quit. A full drum of water and nothing. I tried a few different wash settings, and nadda. I tried to trip the breaker, and nadda (who even knows if I got the right switch anyway). I called and called and called different numbers for repair, only to be greeted by answering machine after answering machine.

Being the 'girl' that I am I was a little afraid that possibly the plug was loose, but I couldn't reach it to adjust it. For a brief moment I thought a pussycat might have been the culprit - possibly falling behind the washer/dryer as he so often does since I couldn't find him. I frantically searched the house for him...yet only to discover him sitting pretty under the coffee table watching me silently the whole time, almost mocking.... So, in disgust, I gave up, & wrapped my remaining presents. I finally reached a live repair man, who said he'd try to make it this afternoon, and advised he'd call ahead. Afraid of missing his call, I didn't even shower because I waited for the call. Finally going on 4:30 he called, and I said I'd wait til Chris came home to see what he could figure out, and advised I'd call him back if there was still a problem. Chris landed home, pulled a 'Fonz' on it, and lo and behold, we have a working washer again. He figures the timer is going on it...I'm currently on my 3rd load and I've never been happier to do the chore. Who needs a major appliance going fubar this close to Christmas?? Not us.

Typical Monday?? :P

No comments: