Search This Blog

Saturday 1 December 2007

It's Beginning to Look a lot like Christmas...

Well Mother Nature gave us one 'ol bitch slap today, now didn't she? It was a very nasty drive this morning when I left at 9:00am to visit the boys at VW. Oh yeah, did I tell you? I changed my mind about the car thing....worry-free and maintenance-free driving are too important to me, and I decided to get a new car instead of buying out my own. Soooo...now just waiting for approval on my application for a VW City Golf - should know Monday. And the reason the ride there was so nasty? Lola's tires are b-a-l-d. It was like going for a walk on the ice with sneakers on. Least I made it home without hitting any more guardrails. After making it home I made the conscious decision to NOT leave the house...called BR and said I wouldn't be making it in. I said I wasn't feeling good (truth be told, I really didn't, but the main reason was the driving and the bald tires...if they suggested a cab ride I would have laughed out loud, since the cab fair to and fro would have cost me more than I would have made there today).

So it was a fairly productive day - I finished up Anja & Jackson's present, finished Cathy's, and made Steve & Olivia's wedding present. Chris took me out for supper at the Churchill Arms; it was my first time there. It was just fair - the smell of curry was overwhelming as soon as I walked in and that turned me off. I realllllly dislike curry. Dessert was a shared deep-fried Mars bar. It was my first time for one of those suckers too. Wow. It tasted deliciously-horrible-for-me...but I felt pretty gross after. From the restaurant we headed to Canadian Tire to pick up some shovels and cleaning supplies. Tomorrow is going to be a deep cleansing day for the mini-home.

As I type, I would like nothing more than to curl up under a warm blanket with a good movie or a book, but alas, I have more presents to complete, then I have to wrap what needs to be sent off, and then I have to make more cards. *sigh*. Least with the snow today it's feeling more "Christmas-y". Who'm I kidding?? Bah humbug!

No comments: