Search This Blog

Monday 17 December 2007

A Christmas Survey

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? For Christmas, I try to wrap everything - I save the gift bag thing for other occasions, like birthdays. If I have to bag something, if it's odd-shaped or something, it's sure to be wrapped inside the bag. I also wrap the 'sock' gifts too.

2. Real tree or Artificial? Going to have to say artificial - although I love the smell of a real tree, it's undetermined if I may be allergic, and I'm not willing to 'test' the theory as yet. When I was young I was sick every year at Christmas (I'm talking puking/lying down/can't enjoy your presents sick), until the year we put up the artificial tree.

3. When do you put up the tree? I try to get it up 1-2 weeks before (since it's artificial).

4. When do you take the tree down? It usually stays up til at least New Years day...I think it's been Jan 6 the past few years. The room always looks so bare without it once it comes down.

5. Do you like egg nog? Yep, especially with a shot of spiced rum inside!

6. Favorite gift received as a child? The year I received an array of "Sindy" furniture. Sindy was the size of Barbie, and that year I had a bedroom set, kitchen, bathroom and bedroom set. Oh how I loved my Barbies! "Santa" had laid it all out, set up & ready to play on the living room floor. I was ecstatic (that is til I felt nauseous and had to lie down :S)

7. Do you have a nativity scene? Nope.

8. Hardest person to buy for? Hands down my brother Todd.

9. Easiest person to buy for? My Mom, although it's getting more difficult as the years pass...as her little house runs out of 'knick knack' room.

10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Both - I hand make my Christmas cards now, and for those I'm more 'electronically' close to, I send them off an e-card or at least an emailed greeting. I love to receive cards. I usually never get back as many as I send though. :(

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? The K-mart jeans from Wes...stone-washed and pleated. They were something else.

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Home Alone I guess...I'm more a fan of the half-hour specials, and try to catch Frosty, Rudolph, & The Grinch every year.

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? I usually pick up a little throughout the year, but there's never a November/early-December time-frame that I'm not out picking up the most of it.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? On a rare occasion, yes. Those who say 'no' are lying :P.

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? The biggest 'Christmas' eat that is nostalgic for me and that spells "Christmas" is "Dad's" homemade stuffing -fried up in butter in an omelette at breakfast time on Christmas morning........*drool*. I always asked him to make extra.

16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? Clear...and I'm not loving the new LED ones -at all....

17. Favorite Christmas song? "Oh Holy Night" - I think Boys2Men do a version that's soo pretty. Even Kelly Clarkson's version is nice. I also adore "Please Come Home for Christmas" by my Jon Bon Bon Jovi.

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Well, between my family and Chris', we're usually going back and forth between homes...fortunately, we do live in the same province so that's the most travelling we do. If we moved away, I'd have to come home for Christmas...

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeers? Lemme see......Dancer, Prancer, Donner, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Dasher, Blitzen ...and Rudolph (how'd I do?).

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Definitely an angel.

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Oh definitely Christmas morning - though as a child, we always opened just one on Christmas Eve.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? When people are made to say "Happy Holidays" instead of "Merry Christmas" ... sending "Holiday" cards instead of "Christmas cards", putting up a "Friendship or Peace Tree" instead of a "CHRISTMAS tree'. It's CHRISTMAS, people!!!!!!!! This year, one of the stupidest things I heard yet was the idea of changing Santas call from "Ho ho ho" to "Ha ha ha". Stooooooooooooooooopit.

23. Favorite ornament theme or color? I'm a big fan of homemade ornaments. All the ornaments on my tree are handmade, or they're from my collection of Carlton ornaments that I collected over the years. They all mean something to me.

24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Again, Dad's stuffing.

25. What do you want for Christmas this year? Heaping quantities of love and happiness - and something pretty or sparkly never hurts, either. :)

No comments: